1. Anonymous data capture with administrator
Setup at least one user and role for your container.
The easiest way to do this with Tomcat, if you don't have already users setup within your system (via a Tomcat realm for example), is to modify Tomcat's
tomcat-users.xmlfile, for example as follows:
<tomcat-users> <user username="orbeon-admin" password="Secret, change me!" roles="orbeon-admin"/> </tomcat-users>
Enumerate the role in the following property:
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.authentication.container.roles" value="orbeon-admin"/>
Protect Form Builder and, optionally, the Form Runner Home page
- In web.xml, uncomment the permissions section.
<url-pattern>/fr/orbeon/builder/*</url-pattern> <!-- Optional, to prevent anonymous users from accessing the Form Runner Home Page --> <url-pattern>/fr/</url-pattern>
and replace the role name:
<role name="orbeon-admin" app="*" form="*"/>
- Remove demo forms and apps from Orbeon Forms.
- Within Form Builder
- make sure that all your forms have permissions enabled (PE feature only)
- set the
createpermission for all users
- set all permissions for the role
- republish your forms
- see also #1860
- Configure forms' buttons
- You will want only a "Send" or "Submit" button, as a plain "Save" button doesn't make sense in this case.
With this setup:
- Published forms are not protected by the container. They are protected by Form Runner permissions.
- Form Builder is protected by the container so that anonymous users can't create new forms.
- Form Builder also requires
orbeon-adminat the Orbeon Forms level.
- Any user, logged in or anonymous, can create form data from any published form.
- All other operations (
delete) are not available to anonymous users or logged in users without the
orbeon-adminrole. Users with the
- Users with the
orbeon-adminrole can perform any operations on the form data after they are logged in.
- Anonymous data entry does not support autosave.
- As an administrator, you first have to login, for example by accessing Form Builder, before accessing published forms' Summary page (issue #1292).