Form Data Format
Form Runner loads and saves data in XML format. This page describes the format used.
As you create a form definition with Form Builder, an XML representation for the data to capture is automatically created. It is organized as follows:
- A root element:
- Within that element, for each section, a sub-element named after the section name:
- Within a section element, a sub-element for each control in the section, named after the control name:
- Within each control element, the value of the control is stored:
<form> <details> <title/> <author/> <language/> <link/> <rating/> <publication-year/> <review/> <image filename="" mediatype="" size=""/> </details> <notes> <note/> </notes> </form>
Repeated grids and sections
TODO: Specify how nested grids and nested sections are represented.
NOTE: Non-repeated grids do not create containing elements.
For attachments, the control element is slightly different:
- the text content is a URL pointing to the location of the attachment in the persistence layer
- attributes are used for storing
- the file name
- the file media type
- the file size
<my-attachment filename="book.png" mediatype="image/png" size="13245"> /fr/service/exist/crud/orbeon/builder/data/5277.../book.png </my-attachment>