Orbeon Forms can produce PDF output in two ways:
- The PDF is produced based on the appearance of the form in your web browser. This is similar to printing a read-only version of your form.
- As a form author, you do not need to take any action to enable this mode.
- From one or more PDF templates
- You upload one or more PDF files using the "Attach PDF Templates" dialog. At runtime, Form Runner fills-out Acrobat fields in the template.
- This mode is automatically enabled for a form if a PDF template is attached.
PDF files can be accessed directly from the Form Runner Summary Page and Detail Page using the
Example for the Detail Page:
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.acme.order">
summary wizard-prev wizard-next pdf tiff save review
Example for the Summary Page:
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.summary.buttons.acme.order">
home review pdf tiff delete duplicate new
See also [Predefined buttons](/form-runner/advanced/buttons-and-processes/README.md#predefined buttons).
You can email the PDF file using the following property:
[SINCE Orbeon Forms 2016.1]
Orbeon Forms produces PDF files without the need for any third-party software installation.
All modern web browsers are able to read and render PDF files, which means that you don't need any third-party software at all to read PDF files either.