Learning from existing components
A good thing to do is to look at existing components:
- If you are working with a binary distribution:
- the components are under the
The "meat" of most components is in files ending with the
- create a new
xbldirectory under your RESOURCES directory
- create a directory with your company or project name (e.g.
acme; Orbeon uses
- create directory with your new component name (e.g.
- create a new XBL file with the same name in that directory, e.g.
- so you should have:
- modify the binding rule (
fr|tutorial-simple) into something that matches your component name (
- within an XForms page
- use the control with something like:
- when running your XForms page, you should see an upload field appear!
NOTE: In your own components, you should not use the
fr:namespace, but instead you should use your own namespace to avoid naming conflicts.